FDV Retreat Development

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

My Interview with Via about the Value of Pure Water



This is my first blog post in a while. I've been meaning to write but back home I didn't find the space and time.

I made a video (click here) on the airplane with a woman named Via and her son. She was born in Costa Rica and has been living in the US for 16 years. We had a discussion about how San Salvador has recently begun to treat the water with chlorine and other chemicals. So within this past year all of the people in the village have gone from drinking pure water to drinking chlorinated water. There's been an attempt in the neighborhood by a fellow ex-pat to try and reverse this as our water comes from a very pure source and need not be treated. The locals have probably been given misinformation and they do not understand how important it is to protect the water. At least that's what I saw when I showed up to the village water board meeting. Very few people showed up, someone said we should reschedule the meeting - people are not coming and they are not interested.

The subject of pure water is dear to my heart and I've been wondering how to help. This woman wanted to speak and I'm posting the video for the local neighborhood. It is in Spanish and the videography is of course terrible but that's not the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment